RE: what else - DAKOTAS

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Tue Mar 05 1996 - 15:26:58 EST

From: izzy1@sonic.net@INTERNET on Tue, Mar 5, 1996 2:09 PM

>I have added the K&N filter charger kit and would like to add bigger tires, any
>suggestions? Do you know who makes a nice front brush guard that will actually
>do something other than hold a pair of lights.
>I would be interested in any suggestions you would have. THANKS

I have P235/75R15 Goodyear Wrangler Radials (no suffix codes) on my 89 4x4
Dakota. When I am ready for new tires I am thinking of going with something with
a more street oriented tread (I do not off road except for the beach and all
terrain tires are not necessarily the best choice in soft sand).

I have been looking at Dunlap Sport Rover GTX and Bridgstone Dueler HP in
P255/70R15 size. These are all season tread patterns, have higher tread wear
numbers than the all terrains (appr. 420), should be quieter on the road and are
less expensive than similiar offerings from Goodyear. The 255/70 size maintains
the same 29 inch diameter of the 235/75 and is about 1 1/4 inches wider (my
vanity says get wider tires).

Dave Clement