Confused Pickup

From: Bryan Houchins (bhouchin@micro.ti.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 1996 - 10:28:19 EST

I was having a problem with my 96 Dakota and I was curious if anyone else has
experienced this same problem. Three weeks after I bought my pickup I was hit
in the back at a red light. The bumper was dented but there was no other
apparent damage. On the home I made a stop and when I started driving down the
road again I noticed I was running 3,000 RPM's doing 55. I stopped and played
with the gear shift (it is an automatic) but it did not do anything. Also I
pressed the OD off light and it did not come on. It seemed stuck in 2nd or 3rd
gear. I turned the pickup off and on again and it was back to normal.

This was 3 1/2 months ago and it has done this maybe twice since until the other
day when this happened twice in one day. I am wondering if this is a computer
problem. I got it checked out at the dodge house but they could find nothing
wrong. I did not get a full analysis run because the person who hit me was
uninsured but now I will probably go back and get a full analysis.

Thanks,
Bryan