RE: Dakota Repairs

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Fri Mar 22 1996 - 07:34:40 EST

From: dzavetsky@earthlink.net@INTERNET on Fri, Mar 22, 1996 6:39 AM

>BTW---I think we had a thread going a while back about whether
>it was ok to run clearcoated aftermarket wheels in the winter...
>
>Well, After one winter, my AR wheels on my Dakota started
>peeling BAD.....American Racing replaced them because they were still
>under the 1 year warranty....However, except for this
>most recent bit of snowy weather here in Pittsburgh,
>I believe that I will probably swap wheels during the snowy months,.

Just a note of caution to the list. If you have Aluminum wheels "DO NOT" use
plain lead balance weights. The lead reacts with the AL and causes all kinds of
ugly corrosion. If you have the tires balanced and they do not have epoxy coated
weights hustle down to the local speed shop and buy them and replace the non
coated weights.

Dave Clement