Driving Lights (and mats)

From: L. Jacobs (ljacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 22 1996 - 11:37:15 EST

I've got the 96 (no fog lights) and have an idea, for your submission
and critique.

I have my eye on these 'projector' driving lights, and since there is
no way to put lights on the Dakota (short of buying roll bar, push bar,
or light bar) I'd like to do the following:
Drill round holes in the front 'spoiler' (plastic, should be easy)
where the frame comes up to the front. Install the projector lenses
where they are just about flush and peek through the holes. I think
this would make a sharp setup, and one hole through the frame would make
a very solid mount.
Also: these driving lights are only $40/pair at Wal-Mart (by Blazer).

Parking stops and rocks being thrown up aside, do you think this is
very feasable ?? Has anyone seen/used the projector driving lights
(i.e. MP option on the Ram) and do you think they would get hot enough
to cause damage to the 'spoiler'.
If I do it, I'll post some pictures on the web page to show you how
it comes out.

BTW: I installed the dealer carpet mats - $22 I love 'em, though no
     rubber protector under drivers heel. Perfect fit and my choice
     should anyone else be in the market !
     Thanks for all your advice, DakotaPhiles !!

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ University of Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.