Re: Performance upgrades

From: DR. Rosenpenis (jstamour@av8r.dwc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 02 1996 - 19:16:48 EST

> I have a 96' Dakota Club Cab 4X4, V8, auto. It is stock. I'm looking for
> any performance upgrades that are available. I see refrences to K&N air
> filters -- where are they available and how much do they help? How about
> lift kits? I'd like ~2" suspension lift. What is the largest size tire
> that will fit on a stock 4X4? Any other neat gizmos?

Buy a K&N YOu can get one at just about any performance Shop, They are
about 35-45$ but well worth it.. it gives not a giant but noticable
difference.. The largest tire on a stock 4x4 is supposed to be 30x9.5 I
don't know anyone with anything bigger but I think you could get away
with 31s.. For performance, I believe that paxton makes a supercharger
for around 2500 but hearers and a computer might be a bit more
reasonable.. If you find lift kits, let me know