RE: New to club

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Apr 03 1996 - 05:54:06 EST

From: BAC0813@ritvax.isc.rit.edu@INTERNET on Tue, Apr 2, 1996 4:39 PM

>Just found this club yesterday on the internet. I am interested in what
>modifications other dakota owners have made and if there are any common
>problems.

Welcome aboard!! I think you will find as you monitor the list that the MP
computer (I do not think there is one available for your year) and a free
flowing air filter (K&N) are the most common upgrades with headers and free
flowwing exhaust right behind. There has been a fair number of problems with the
auto tranny and with the 4x4 indicator light staying on (maybe you can shed some
light on this since it seems to be a problem with the vacuumn switch on the
transfer case). No one seems to be happy with the CC sterios in the Dakotas and
Alpine seems to be the recommended upgrade.

>My dakota has an interesting problem, when I fill the fuel tank total full the
>gas gauge goes reads empty for about 30 miles then it goes to full. Anyone
>else ever had this problem?

I have not heard of this problem. Does it function normally after it goes back
to the full mark? In any case sounds like a sender problem in the tank.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE