Various

From: Dave (75111.572@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 1996 - 09:15:36 EDT

Owner of: '96 Dakota 4X2 Club, V6, Automatic

Hello all. Well, I've had my Dakota for a little over a week now and have
several observations.

1) There is a clicking sound that comes from behind the dash when I have the
cruise engaged. I can't narrow it down to any particular occurence such as going
up a hill, etc, as it is intermittent. Standard "fix" of turning up the radio
works. :)

2) The "sun shade" portion of the windshield falls right into my line of vision.
I'm 6'4" and had a similar problem several years back with a '93 Ranger. It's
not really a problem, but I wish they'd raise it about an inch or two.

3) The front of the truck rides like a car over bumps, but when the rear hits
the bump, you know it's a truck!

4) By far the quietest interior of any truck I've owned, I'm impressed to say
the least.

5) The factory 4-speaker stereo with cassette sounds impressive for what it is,
no thoughts of replacing it with any aftermarket at this time. May consider a CD
later though.

6) The handle to get into the rear compartment under the jump seat is impossible
to operate, while sitting in the drivers position, with one hand. This does
present a problem for me, so I am working on a solution. Anybody come up with a
better access handle? I may remove the "hinges" so that I simply pull the cover
straight up and out of the way.

7) The "power band" of the V6 is rather high, it doesn't really kick it until
around 3000 rpms. Not a problem though, as I can get it to 3000rpms rather
quickly. :) It would be nicer if it was down closer to 2500 rpm (IMO).

Just some thoughts of mine.

-Dave

  E-mail from: Dave, 10-Apr-1996