Wood Dash

From: King Tut (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 10 1996 - 13:51:25 EDT

I'm interested in getting rid of the plasic wood dash. I'm considering
two things. Making my own wood dash using the old as an template. The
only problem I see with this is that the plasic trim panel below the
steering column is attached to the dash and I'll loose the Dakota cup
holder. The other option is to possible use a laminate. The problem
with this I've never done any laminate work befor and laminate on a
flexible plastic might not last that long. If anyone has tried any of
this please help me. I really want the look of real wood and the 100+
price of pre-made dashes isn't within my budget (poor college student).
Also my 92 has a cloth trim panel on the doors this would also make a
great place for some matching wood. Is this possible?? or at least
reasonable?

Any help is greatly appreciated
mm

                        Michael Meyerhoff