Re: Wood Dash

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 17 1996 - 03:18:40 EDT

Does it have to be wood?
    I removed all plastic inserts on my '95 Sport's dash, plus the power
lock/window switch housings, the rear view mirror, the shifter boot surround,
the overhead console, and the back seat coat hangers. I primered and painted
the few grey parts black, and painted everything with "Gotham Grey"
Fleck-Stone paint. (looks like black and white granite) I then masked off
the shifter stalk, the vent panels on the doors, the speaker panels on the
doors, the side-window defogger vents and the "DODGE" lettering on the center
of the steering wheel and painted those also. I then clear-coated all to
resist wear. It really goes well with the overall black and white color
scheme I have going on the truck. Very noticable, and always gets many
positive comments. Fleck-Stone is available in many color combos; you can
also pre-color with solid paint and Fleck-Stone over that. Just an idea for
anyone who is looking for a cheap and easy way to vastly improve the
otherwise bland look of the Dakota's interior. Guaranteed to get many
"thumbs-up!"