Alarms, etc.

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Apr 16 1996 - 16:13:00 EDT

Hi all-

Just had an alarm installed in my Dakota this week, I've got the
garden-variety passive audible alarm (made by the same folks who bring you
the Viper family of alarms) with remote/automatic arming, LED display on
dash, valet mode, etc. etc. It came as a special deal with American Express
and LoJack wherein you can get the alarm and the LoJack Retrieval system
for a special price (until 7/31/96) and pay in five monthly installments.
 They did a very professional job installing the alarm, however, the only
problem I've noticed so far is that when they screwed the horn for the siren
to the fender inside the hood, the screws came thru inside the wheelwell! !
 D'oh! Wanted to ask the list for any ideas about whether it was OK to
grind off the offending screw tips, or can I fashion some kind of a foam
rubber cover for them, or should I just round the sharp ends off?? They
can't be seen unless you poke your head inside the wheelwell and look
directly up, but I'm concerned about the very rare possibility of the tire
hitting them on a LARGE bump (highly unlikely), or if the screws aren't
galvanized, being in an area where road spray could cause some rust to
form?? Maybe I should take the screws out and use new galvanized ones with
silicone??? Ideas?? Comments??

Ciao!

          Network Administrator | _ _ _ _ _ _
        Rockville General Hospital | |_` |_` _ |_| |_| |_ |_| |_`
        (nvogler@rghosp.chime.org) | ,_| | | | |_ |\ ,_|
   '96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab |
   '84 Nighthawk 650 '85 Honda XR-350R | ----------------------------