RE: Ground Clearance

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Apr 24 1996 - 20:11:59 EDT

My 89 4x4truck was sitting nose low when I got it. I was able to get the
attitude level with six turns on the torsion bars. This amounted to raising the
nose of the truck about 2" when measured at the fender well opening. It also
drove the camber to an obvious + value requiring re-alignment. There is still
about .5" of adjustment on the torsion bar bolt.

The factory specification for ride height is a 1 to 1.5 " difference between the
distance to the ground of the lower control arm inner and outer points. The
chiltons manual i have is some what un-clear as to where to take the
measurements.

NOTE: You find it much easier to crank the torsion bar bolts if you take the
weight off the front end.

Dave clement
89 4x4