Re: External Fuel Filter

From: Todd Schmalzried (tschmal@iseg14.imd.cig.mot.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 1996 - 11:02:26 EDT

On Apr 24, 7:42pm, Bill Countie wrote:
> > Only one line goes to the engine, but does only one line come out of
> > the tank? I have not taken a close look at my tank, since I hope
> > to retrofit a secondary filter in the engine compartment, space
> > allowing.
> It seems there is some space on my drivers side fire wall to the center
> of the truck to the left of the brake diaphram. This would be near the
> original route of the gas line to the fuel rail. I agree that the better
> location for the filter would be in the engine compartment. I am still
> referring to the '94.
>
> > Ron

I have been following this thread, and I have a comment to make. Where Ron is
suggesting to put the filter would be easy to get to, but there is one problem
with this location. The filter would be very close to the engine, and all of
the heat it makes. I did this on an older car, and it liked to boil the gas out
of the filter when ever I turned off the engine. The way the Dakota's pump is
at the gas tank it might not matter, but it is something to think about. You
should also watch the position of the filter, some are supposed to be
horizontal, and won't work very well if they are not.

	Todd Schmalzried		     tschmal@imd.cig.mot.com
	Motorola 			     FAX:    (847) 435-6550
	Cellular Systems Engineering	     Phone: (847) 435-6546
	Continental Towers #2 floor 11
	1701 Golf Road
	Rolling Meadows, IL.  60008

-You have to "put your 2 cents in" but only get "a penny for your thoughts".-
-Who gets the change? Think about it.-