Ground Clearance (fwd)

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Thu Apr 25 1996 - 13:44:02 EDT

>& & The reason the front hits so much is that the suspension compresses
farily
>& easily. Most of the impacts I get are made as the front bounces into
the
>& rocks. Then, as the bounce is over, the truck clears the same rock it
hit.
>& Very careful driving avoids most problems.

>What shocks are you using? On my 2WD I switched from the factory shocks
>to KYBs. I can now get out of my driveway twice as fast without
>bottoming out the front end.

Trail Master N-7. One of the stiffest shocks made (I think), but I like
them. I was mainly refering to crawling over highly rock infested New
England trails where you clear one set only to slam into the next. This
all happens in 4-low 1st gear at idle, or (quick calculation) about 1.5
MPH.

Christopher Siano | A little Revolution
CSiano@Banyan.com | now and again
    0- | is a good thing.