Re: Sure-Grip noise?

From: Kelly Moss (kellym@zipnet.net)
Date: Sat Apr 27 1996 - 22:30:49 EDT

> Anyone had problems with their SG differential? Lately, I've been hearing a
> "grinding" noise in the truck somewhere, and I have the sneaking suspicion

Mine doesn't make any funny noises, but at about 22,000 miles it started
getting reluctant to kick in...At least, 22,000 is when the snow arrived,
and I noticed that if one wheel had traction and the other didn't it would
spin for a few seconds and then clunk into action. I have also noticed
that this is more prevalent when the right rear loses traction - I have no
idea why that would be. The dealer sees nothing wrong with this, however,
he also sees nothing wrong with the (ABS) brakes locking solid the first
couple of applications in the morning either...

Charles

----- End of forwarded message from Kelly Moss -----