Re: Radiator options

From: Ron Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 1996 - 11:38:06 EDT

or not my Dakota had the "H/D Cooling" package, Brett Miller suggested:

>Check for the power-steering cooler... If its there you have HD Cooling.

  As it turned out, this was excellent advice! The P/S pump cooler was
installed on my Dakota, so I'll quit worrying about getting the shaft
in this case.

  If you're curious, the cooler is very easy to miss during a casual
glance, so you may want to take a flashlight to examine the P/S return
line. You should see a small black cooler behind the serpentine drive
belt, roughly between the water pump and P/S pump.

  From what I can deduce out of the '95 FSM, all V6 and V8 Dakotas with
A/C _or_ the H/D cooling package come with the same radiator. This jibes
with my limited sample of about 4 Dakotas.

  Ron "Peace Of Mind" Rader