Child Seats -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 1996 - 10:00:46 EDT

Dave,

When my baby was an infant, we put her in the back of the Club
Cab, facing rearward, as required, but before she got old enough
to face forward, we bought a '95 Ram Wagon 2500. (Now I've got
2 Magnums!).

Now, I use an Evenflo (can't remember model) w/o the front cross
brace. It has a 5-point belt system instead and works very well in
the front seat of my '92 Dakota. Never tried it in the back seat,
though.

Hope this helps,

Ken

attached mail follows:

I have a '96 Club SLT and need to carry one of the kids in the back.
Before I bought the truck, I took the child seat with me and tried it
out in the back for "fit." Without the child in it, there was no
problem. However, the first time we went somewhere with him in the seat
in the back, the seat leaned forward due to the softness of the cushion
and lack of support under the cushion.

Does anyone have a child seat that works (he's a 2 year old) in the back
of the club cab?

Thanks.

-Dave Ebert