1991 Dak. Trans Clunk. a few more details

From: Scott Stolle (76325.242@CompuServe.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 30 1996 - 14:46:25 EDT

Sorry I was not more specific in my first message. I don't have to be going
highway speeds, I can be going 30mph in town and let off the acceleration, and I
get this clunk coming from the rearend. I have an auto. trans with overdrive.
5.2 V8 4x4. The noise occurs with or without the overdrive on and in or out of
4x4. I took it to a non dealer mechanic and he said the problem could be fixed
that the noise was comming from the transfer case but it would cose approx.
$1000. Being it is still under warrenty I feal that I should not have to foot
the bill. If you know of any tsb's on this let me know. I looked at the list of
tsb's on the Dakota home page and there were a few dealing with transmission
clunks, but there is no detail.

Thanks...

Scott...