A call for part numbers--shocks for 2wd Dakota

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 1996 - 15:20:33 EDT

Hello folks,

Lately there's been some talk about replacement shocks for our
4-wheeled children called Dakota. Believe it or not, I have 73K on
my '92 Dakota 2wd V8 w/ the original shocks all 'round.

I know, I'm kinda late in replacing them; judging from the way the
ride has softened, they should have been chucked at about 60K
(BTW--what kind of Dakota driver needs to replace shocks at
25K?!?!--as disclosed in previous notes).

Whoever knows the part nos. for Bilstein, KYB, Koni and other
high-end shocks, please provide them to the group.

Also, someone was discussing different bushings for shocks and
other suspension components. Please provide info on
performance and where I can get them.

Great discussion group...how 'bout those folks lurking in the
read-only section--let's hear your stories, too.

Ken