RE: I bought the Monroe Sensa-Tracs (finally)

From: Mark M Herrick (mherrick@ptialaska.net)
Date: Sat May 04 1996 - 02:57:49 EDT

On Friday, May 03, 1996 1:03 PM, Jane V
Elliott[SMTP:elliott@cyberspace.com] wrote:
>>I've had Monroe Sensa-Tracs on my 92 4x4 for the last 35K miles and found
>>them to be completely satisfactory. My Dakota has the 2000 lb payload
>>suspension so the ride isn't exactly plush at low speeds, up to 35-45,
but
>>at highway speeds it's pretty good. It's even better with about 300 lb
in
>>the back, and with a full load of green firewood (to the top of the
>>canopy!) the ride and control is entirely satisfactory. Good transient
>>handling behavior too.
>>
>>At B & B Autoparts in Seattle they were $34.95 each, I didn't check at
>>NAPA, but everyplace else I called wanted $55+ each!
>>
>>Larry Elliott

Thanks for the input, I think I will definitely be looking into the
Sensa-Tracs real soon, I plan on putting on new shocks at the same time as
an alignment and new tires, the stock Invicatas have done really well but
won't last another winter.

Now for the search on Tires. Anyone know of any Tire manufacture web
sites?

Mark M. Herrick
mherrick@ptialaska.net
Kodiak, Alaska