Decent rims for Dakota!

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Thu May 30 1996 - 17:40:39 EDT

Just got a new set of rims from the local Tire Barn. I couldn't believe it;
a set of mass-produced rims for the Dakota that actually look good? Yepper!
 New American Racing AR-511 available in 15x7 and 15x8!!! They're a "rounded
out" 5 spoke in polished aluminum. They're not too far off in styling from
the stock chromies; but they come in a decent width for changing tire widths.
 (factory 6 inch rims -- what were they thinking?) I had to be careful due
to my drop in altitude (3/4 slam) but with the factory rims and Dunlop
225-60s on all four corners, I was regularly whacking the rear axle on the
frame (urethane bumpstops) and occasionally dinging the exhaust bracket
that's on the MP header crossover! I put Hoosier GT 235-60 in front and
255-60 in back; looks gorgeous now. Really adds to the "muscle car" look
I've been after. Plus the tires are big and cushiony enough to help absorb a
little more shock. In fact I just "christened" the new tires at my sister's
wedding on the 25th -- with a big ol' smokin' heater !! (yeah we got some
photos!) Now if I just could find out where to get a picture of it
online.....