RE: Summit Racing Equipment

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu May 30 1996 - 19:25:38 EDT

Nope, haven't used Summit for anything.

>Accell U-groove ($1.50) or NGK V-power ($1.39). He didn't even mention
>the $6 Splitfires.

I'm running the V-power NGKs. Just changed them after 47K miles on them. They
had opened up a bit in that time, but the V-groove in the center electrode
was still obvious. I'm happy with them. Splitfires are a total hoax. ANY time
you change old plugs for new you can expect more power and mpg. Good quality
plugs from Autolite, NGK, AC, or Accel (made by ???) will perform better for
a longer period of time. I like the NGKs for the broader range of temperatures
they work in, though a water-cooled V8 is a much less challenging environment
for a plug than an air-cooled motorcycle.

I'm also running 8.6 mm plug wire intended for a GM application. For some
reason (likely $$$$s) Chrysler feels they can get away with moving HEI voltages
through 7mm wire, while GM normally uses 8mm. Check - Chrysler uses the same
high voltage cap connectors.

Has anyone relocated the coil on a Magnum? Would it get enough cooling if it
were back on the firewall? I was thinking of an oil-filled aftermarket coil
like Accel or Jacobs. Opinions?

Happy Motoring,

Jim