brakes and fan roar

From: Pan Chan (Pan_Chan@iacnet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 1996 - 14:11:27 EDT

>About a month ago my Dakota developed a squeal from the left rear brake when
>almost stopped under medium to hard brake application (doesn't do it with
>light pressure)

On my '95 Dakota 3.9 5-speed Club Cab (with only 10k miles on it), I've had a
squeal ever since this winter when I had the tires rotated at NTW (odometer was
only 4000 then). Unlike you, though, I only get the squeal on *very light*
brake pressure, but I can't tell which tire it's coming from. I'm going to
finally have it looked at tomorrow at the dealer.

On a related note, at about 9000 miles, my ABS and BRAKE warning lights on my
dashboard came on (and stay on) for no apparent reason. Dealer replaced the ABS
sensor but since the lights still stay lit all the time, they'll replace its
"wire harness" tomorrow, too.

>the engine on my 96' 4x4 ext. cab
>SLT V8 Auto. seems to roar loudly, until you get up to highway speed
>and the tranny shifts into OD. I notice the RPMs on the tach are not
>really different, but the thing sounds terrible.. !?

My 3.9 5-speed also gets this roar, but infrequently, and only in 1st gear. As
someone else mentioned, it doesn't seem to matter whether the truck is warm or
cold.