RE: dies

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Jun 12 1996 - 07:28:12 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; rgallim@icgroup.net@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Wed, Jun 12, 1996 7:32 AM
Subject: RE: dies

From: rgallim@icgroup.net@INTERNET on Tue, Jun 11, 1996 10:02 PM

>At 11:54 AM 6/11/96 -0500, Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com wrote:
>>>I have a '94 Club cab V8. With the a/c on, when it is really hot outside
>>and
>>>my truck is good and warmed up, it dies every time I slow down. It runs
ok
>>>before it gets warm. It runs ok when the a/c is on and it isn't real hot
>>>outside. No problem on the highway, until I get off the exit ramp and
slow
>>>for that first stop. Sometimes it seems I can keep it running if I down
>>>shift. Any ideas?
>>
>>Sounds like the idle speed control motor, throttle position sensor or
>>possibly the speed sensor are acting up. Are you getting any trouble codes

>>when you run the diagnostics? (ing. on-off-on-off-on and count the check
>>engine light flashes).

>Could it be a dirty throttle body? My '92 3.9L did this, all it needed was
>a good cleaning.

Ron,
The idle speed control motor (AIS) is part of the throttle body and is the
most likely part of the throttle body to be effected by build up. I have not
had any problems with it on my Dakota but both of my Daytona's it has needed
to be cleaned on occasion to prevent the idle from sticking high/low. I have
found that when it is sticking a temporay fix can be made with a quick rap
with the handle of a screw driver.

Dave Clement