Re: -Reply (Monroe Shocks)

From: Jeff Pierce (jpierce@n2.net)
Date: Mon Jun 17 1996 - 15:42:06 EDT

> >From Jim McBride:
<snip>

> I just put a set of Monroe Sensa-Tracs at 75K miles, and was very
> disappointed at my Dakota's ride. A lot less bounce, but still lots
> of shakes and twitches. But, your letter's given me hope--I'll let
> you know after I change out the bushings. They are on Back
> Order.
>
> klm

I share your experiences with the Monroe Sensa-Tracs. After seeing
some good reports on this list I had them installed at all four corners
and cound not get back to the shop fast enough to have them removed.
The shop then replaced the bushings (no charge) and with-in the week
I was back again. The shakes and shimmies at freeway speed were so bad
it felt like someone had put golf balls inside the tires.

Anyway under Monroe's 'best ride ever' warrenty had all four replaced
with gas Gabriels. Still not thrilled, but they are much better then the
Monroe units.

Just my experience.

Jeff
'92 Dakota SLT Club Cab 5.2