RE: Sway Bar, Oh my! -Reply

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 17 1996 - 17:23:40 EDT

Ken Mansfield:
>Bad news, Jim, I found urethane sway-bar bushings at Summit
>Racing Equipment for $26 for the entire rebuild kit, all colors (I got
>you know after I change out the bushings. They are on Back Order.

Hmmm. I don't know about Summit, but Bilstein added the Dakota shocks to
their catalog to accumulate back orders to gauge the interest. [They did
make a production run, and sold it out.] Well, of course when the counter
worker at the parts store tells a customer he's had five units back-ordered
for six months, most customers will pass on a product and opt for something
the dealer stocks - Monroes, Rancho etc. I thik this tactic of manufacturers
is really stupid, but I keep hearing of it.

I hope Summit isn't doing this for the bushings...
     ... of course, if we all ordered a set, they'd likely make them!

My truck rides better NOW. The rubber ones will break down in time, and
then I hope I can get urethane!

Jim
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
but in having new eyes." -- Proust