Sway Bar, Oh my! -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 1996 - 14:56:38 EDT

From Jim McBride:

"I replaced all four front anti-sway bar bushings. As far as I can
tell, these are not available in aftermarket urethane, so I bought
new Dodge rubber ones.
My old ones were pretty hogged out from 86K tough miles. I have
a new truck!
Well, I hav no perceptible bounce steer, where it had got pretty
bad."

Bad news, Jim, I found urethane sway-bar bushings at Summit
Racing Equipment for $26 for the entire rebuild kit, all colors (I got
red).

I just put a set of Monroe Sensa-Tracs at 75K miles, and was very
disappointed at my Dakota's ride. A lot less bounce, but still lots
of shakes and twitches. But, your letter's given me hope--I'll let
you know after I change out the bushings. They are on Back
Order.

I've finally cracked open the wallet a bought the K&N FIPK from
Summit ($104)--on back order, of course. Also, Summit Racing
Wires ($38), Accel U-groove plugs ($1.50 ea.) and an MSD coil
($26). I plan to get the MSD 6 ignition ($118), but gotta wait a
while. Also got new cap/ rotor.

Summit said to not bother with the Mopar Perf. ECU, the MSD
ignition doesn't use it. Any of you electro-tech heads know
why...?

klm