Shocking Shock Facts

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 17 1996 - 17:37:13 EDT

--
>I share your experiences with the Monroe Sensa-Tracs.  After seeing
>some good reports on this list I had them installed at all four corners
>and cound not get back to the shop fast enough to have them removed.

Get real shocks! I'm really happy with my Bilsteins, even if they're not the non-existant Dakota 4x4 application. The Chevy Suburban rear shocks are probably way more shock than I need, the front ones intended for the Ford F250, about right.

The Germans draw-forge the shock body from a single steel pill to make sure they never leak and can hold the gas pressure. This also means the piston is moving in a seamless cylinder - no piston seal failure - as opposed to the welded tubing used by every other manufacturer (including the Japs). Bilstein developed the oleo strut for Hitler's Panzers. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to shoot a Nazi too -- but I'd really like to be able to take his Panzer home as a war trophy! Damn, born too late, the damn commies don't make anything worth killing them for. Oh yeah, they make more commies, I guess that qualifies...

Jim

P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P In the French Revolutionary Parliament, the Left Wing meant collectivist, the Right Wing the freedom-loving libertarians. Dianne Feinstein and the other Fascists are extreme Left-Wing, and I'm PROUD to be a Right-Wing "extremist"! No nanny State, no State creed, not anarchy, just respect for individual Rights endowed by the Creator (whoever you believe that is). -PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-