dies and tach.

From: Brett Miller (BAMILLER@CSUPomona.Edu)
Date: Mon Jun 17 1996 - 18:30:41 EDT

1) I also have the proble with the dakota dying on hot days with the a/c on.

2) I know of two daks in the area that also have a whine coming from the a/c
compressor on hot days when the engine is warm. Glendora Dodge says it sounds
like it is bearing noise in the a/c. I took it to the twice under warranty and
they, at the time, "couldn't hear anything unusual." After a while the noise
went away (weather cooled down). Now its back, now that they hear it and the
truck is no longer under warranty they want me to pay for it! Seeing that I
took it in twice before and they didn't fix it, isn't it reasonable that they
fix it now? Any help on this would be appreciated.

3) One more problem. This has only happened at Lake Havasu (90+ degree
temps, and near 0 humidity). The tachometer will just drop to zero. The truck
runs fine, and the shift light works, but no tach. If I tap the clear plastic
over the tach, it will come back. Also lately around home (Orange County, CA)
the tach has been sticking. When I accelerate, it will rise to say 1500rpm then
stop for a second then jump up to the current rpm. Any thoughts?

Brett Miller
94 V8 5spd Sport