RE: exhaust rust

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Sat Jun 29 1996 - 14:44:40 EDT

To: elliott@cyberspace.com@INTERNET
Cc: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; mmeye@umr.edu@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Sat, Jun 29, 1996 2:49 PM
Subject: RE: exhaust rust

__

>I think that the muffler on Magnum 3.9's is 2.5" in and out, BUT you've
>got to cut off the pipe as close to the front of the muffler as possible.
>The pipe between the cat and the muffler is swaged down in two or three
>steps from 3" to 2.5" as I remember.
>
>Are the Dynomax's reasonable mufflers BTW? I'll probably need a muffler
>in a while and am torn between a 3" muffler and tailpipe catback and a
>2.5". Any opinions, experience, whatever for a 92 3.9? Mine's a shortbed
>4x4 so Mopar's catback system won't fit, besides being a tad pricey.

Larry,

I will be changing to the Dynomax 2.5" system on my 89 Dakota 3.9 short bed
soon. This muffler is very popular with the Shelby Dodge Club on turbo 2.2's.
 The FlowMaster muffler is made from heavier weight material and will likely
last longer but it is not much more than a housing with a few plates to
deflect the exhaust flow (read loud).

DAve