Stereo upgrade

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 1996 - 19:06:38 EDT

<I recently upgraded the factory cassette in my 93 5.2 v8 club cab to a
<kenwood cd player, keeping the stock speakers. Just that made all the
<difference in the world! Wanting more, I upgraded the 5 1/4" speakers in
<the door to Boston Acoustics RX57's and the back 5 X 7 to Boston Acoustics
<RX87's. The front pair cost me 95, and the back 105. The sound coming out
<of the truck now is clean, crisp, and has great bass. Even my mother says
<it's better than the sound she gets with her infinity gold system that came
<premium in the grand cherokee! Highly recomended as a relativly easy way to
<get killer sound.

 I've been thinking recently about upgrading the stereo in my '95 V8 ext.
cab 4x4. Looking at the service manual, it shows all the speakers having
their own amplifier right on the speaker. Was yours this way, & if so did
your replacement speakers have the amps?

                        Thanx.

                                 Maddog.