Re: 97 Dakota style sucks

From: appleaceol@hawk.phantasy.com
Date: Wed Jul 10 1996 - 12:21:34 EDT

Allen E Weltzbarker wrote:

> The Dakota should be retaining the blood lines of its own
> and not being 'cool' styled after big brother. If I
> wanted to be driving 'big-boy'style, i would, and not be
> driving Dakota and wishing for the other.
>
> Dodge is doing a number to the Dakota lover and is wiped
> the Dakota character style.
> Dodge could have continued the style on a seperate track and
> have two smashing styled trucks...
>
> Anyway the sides of the big ram looks wussy.
>
> '89 LE std cab V6 auto LWB w/73k
> '95 Sport std cab V6 auto SWB w/15k on the Invictas
Id hardly say that they are wussy, I mean, its based on the old Dodge
T300, and i would not call that a wussy truck...And the new Dakota is
not the same as the Ram, its far more curvy, the only real resemblence
is the front fenders, and personaly i think that new hood/grill is a
welcome change to the Dakota...
Ryan Groth