Re: 5.2 Magnum gas mileage

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 10 1996 - 13:41:43 EDT

   I went to a local department store called Meijers and found a 10"
"high performance" filter kit. It cost me $17, I took off my old stock
filter housing, and instaled the new filter housing along with my K&N
filter that was for the stock housing. I needed to add a longer bolt
to hold the top down and that cost me a aditional $.50. I suspect I
get the same kind of performance from my set up as your $104 set up.
I the gas millage hasn't shown any increase casue I can't seem to keep
my foot off the floor. Man that roar of air sounds good. On my 96
model you'd need to get a longer bolt, just to turn the top of the
filter housing over.

   Mean while my V8 4x4 4sp Auto was getting 14-16.5 before my foot
started hitting the floor so frequently. I suspect when my driving
habits return to normal I will get as good or better then before.

   My truck tach never seems to go in the red too much even in first,
but I know the speedo goes to 75 in second... I haven't had my truck
up to 100 yet, I don't really want to get a ticket too badly.

   This "flashable" SBEC sounds interesting. Why would/did they do away
with that?

1996 318 4x4 club cab with perl aqua paint.