Re: 5.2 Magnum gas mileage -Reply -Reply

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 1996 - 22:52:23 EDT

On my '92, 3.9 the hose from the stock air cleaner goes into a breather
air cleaner on the valve cover to ventilate the engine. The oil vapors
from the PCV valve are pulled into the intake manifold. There shouldn't
be a lot of oil vapor coming back out of the hose that comes out of the
air cleaner can, but a filter of some kind would probably keep the engine
compartment cleaner.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE