payload package. AC smells"

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 1996 - 13:34:27 EDT

& My '95 SLT Club Cab was supposedly a special order, non-standard feature
& SLT. It has light charcoal int, chrome pkg, power windows/locks/mirrors
& & cruise, 5-speed, sure grip diff, 5.2L and 3.90 gearing. Tow prep
& package was included, but is joke because a prep pkg on all other brands
& of trucks includes the wiring harness for towing (on 96 and later it is
& included w/a hitch), but my Dakota didn't have it. Only the heavy duty
& cooling, and heavy duty flasher. The other thing is that my truck has

I also have a '95 SLT Club Cab. Mine came with the wiring for a trailer
just has yours should have. The wires are taped up out of sight and you
have to put on your own connector. No wire for trailer brakes.
The trailer tow package also includes the HD battery and alternator.

the 1450# payload vs. the 2000. At the time I was searching for a
truck with these options, the only thing close was a SLT, bench seat,
3.55 non-sure grip diff w/either auto or 5-spd. Now I could have gotten
a sport, but would have had to add the power windows at the dealer, and
I wouldn't have had any fender molding (no biggie).

& I have a '96 4X4 V8 AT w/ AC and get the same "smell". It seems a bit
& musty, too.

Me too. I receintly read that turning of the AC a couple minutes before
shutting of the truck might help. It will dry out the cooling unit and
ducts with warm air and not allow it to get mildewed/moldy inside.
Haven't driven the truck with AC for a couple weeks so I haven't tried
this.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-4848 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca_750 Kawasaki KDX200
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 KC6WUG, AMA, DoD #7566, NMLRA, I'm the NRA.