auto. trans. problems 1992 4-wd Dakota

From: bolson@dot-net.net
Date: Thu Jul 18 1996 - 12:14:41 EDT

I have a automatic trans. 4-WD, 1992 Dakota club
cab 318 mag. V8. It's a nice truck, which I bought
used with 67k mi. Every so often, the truck sounds
as though it isn't shifting properly. It's like it
won't transfer into overdrive, or as though
(if it were a manual shift tranny) the clutch is
slipping. The engine seems to be racing and taching
higher than the related speed of the truck. In
reading some FAQ's elsewhere on the net I saw
mention of a TCM or Transfer Control Module regarding
proper fluid useage. I have also read in some
consumer publications that the 1992 Dodge trannys
have a history of problems. Any suggestions or
remedies I should know before taking it to the shop?

Thanx, B. Olson
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)