Towing package

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 18 1996 - 17:50:16 EDT

& & cruise, 5-speed, sure grip diff, 5.2L and 3.90 gearing. Tow prep
& package was included, but is joke because a prep pkg on all other brands
& of trucks includes the wiring harness for towing (on 96 and later it is
& included w/a hitch), but my Dakota didn't have it. Only the heavy duty
& cooling, and heavy duty flasher. The other thing is that my truck has

You also get overload springs, higher amperage alternator (with the extra
power lead that is draped over the valve cover, just waiting to wear through
and short out), and the pigtail out back. I too wish Chrysler had seen
fit to give us an actual connector out back, along with a factory-installed
receiver hitch.

Payload on my 4x4 is 1800 lbs. Incidentally, while back in Montana, I hauled
in a load of scrap iron from our mine. 1980 lbs. Also 21 lbs of brass scrap.
Documented 2000 lbs [and I also had two old batteries]. The back was on the
overload leafs, and the front just a wee bit higher. No difficulty with
handling or jounce control (cheers for those Bilsteins!), even on our
washboard dirt road. On the highway -- can you say ROAD HUGGING WEIGHT??

I have the satisfaction of being able to say I moved a ton of stuff.

Jim
The hyper-violent and the ordinary societies in America are distinguished
not by their attitudes towards guns, but by their attitudes toward murder.

- Frank Silbermann