Re: Strange sounds -Reply

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 24 1996 - 07:13:28 EDT

    Well I have been reading all of your replys and...

I deffintly agree with Ken's comments, here that my truck should be able
to handle my driving habbits, I mean after all they designed this truck
with enough power to do this...

 Now, I can't get my truck to make either of the noises it had made last
Saturday. It almost seems I don't have quite enough power(at the moment)
to drive the componets of the drive line hard enough to cause the
problems. Or possibly I've just not been on the type of pavement that
allows just the right amount of tire spin/traction to cause the problem.
The first time it happned I was able to replicate it about 3 times in a
row, but I have not been back to that exact same spot(pavement). I guess
maybe it's time to go get some premium. I figure I have another 33,000
miles to get this problem resolved too, so...

  As for the other clank that I do beleive is normal. The one that happens
when you first put the truck in gear(automatic), or when you slowly go from
reverse to forward or forward to reverse, and if you tap the accelerator
as you go down a hill... I have not been concerned about that, as I've
heard that on many other vehicles. I don't know maybe I should be?

   I will keep you all posted with my rather serious driveline troubles.