RE: 3" Dyno-Max Super Turbo

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 1996 - 10:25:12 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; KMansfie@compucom.com@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Thu, Jul 25, 1996 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: 3" Dyno-Max Super Turbo

From: KMansfie@compucom.com@INTERNET on Thu, Jul 25, 1996 9:47 AM

>>"The 3" Dyno-Max Super Turbo arrived today from J C Whitney. "
>>
>>Larry,

>How much $$$? Super Shops wants around $40, depending on
>the in/out config. Are you planning on the 3" cat-back single?
>
>Details!!!

klm,

The sale price (thru the end of July) on the Dyno-Max from J C Whitney was
in the mid $20's depending on size, plus shipping. I have been planning on a
2.5" Y-Pipe back system (a Hi-Flow cat also) for my 89. After spending some
time under the truck I decided it would take too much jury rigging to fit a
Hi-Flow cat and settled on going cat back.

I happened to be browsing around the local Auto Palace and saw a display for
Arvin/Maremount Cherry Bomb Turbo II mufflers. From what I could see they
appeared to be equivalent to the Walker Dyno-Max and and the price was right
($22.00 for 2.5 in/out). I picked up one of those and the 2.5" tail-pipe
will be ready tonight. If all goes well the exhaust should be in tonight and
I will have a cat back system for less than $50.00.

What impressed me about the Cherry Bomb Turbo II was the construction. It
weighted close to twice what the standard replacement muffler did. The
in/outlets appeared to be 16 gauge material and it was completely aluminized.
 Combining that with the 16 gauge tubing in the tail pipe I do not think I
will be purchasing another exhaust.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE