Re: 3" Dyno-Max Super Turbo

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 1996 - 23:16:37 EDT

If you can get one for $40 from Super Shops do it. Whitney's price is
almost $40 and shipping (to Seattle) is about $14.

I'm going to cut off the stock muffler behind the cat, clamp on a piece of
3" pipe about the same length as between the cat and the stock muffler and
have an exhaust shop custom bend a piece of 3" pipe from there back
roughly the same shape as the stock tailpipe. The stocker rubs the lower
bushing on the rear (Hellwig) anti-sway bar, so the 3 incher will probably
be closer to the spare tire. Going to make a heat shield out of a piece
of the heat shield stuff they sell for plumbers to use while soldering
copper pipes in place. Home Depot has it for about $15 apiece. I'll pop
rivet it to a piece of 0.040" aluminum sheet then fasten it to the
underside of the box somehow.

As the man said though, "the best laid plans of mice and men...." We will
keep everyone informed, just hope it's not too big a pipe for a 3.9.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE