Re: bucket seat question

From: Phil McClay (Phil_McClay@qmgateib.mitre.org)
Date: Fri Jul 26 1996 - 12:54:59 EDT

         Reply to: RE>bucket seat question

That's a feature, not a flaw. Like the seat belts they lock-up under strong
inertial conditions (e.g. during crashes). I can get them to lock up when
cornering or breaking hard.

I've gotten used to it, so I don't prefer/care for the original
manually-latched seats. Also, the passenger seat will slide forward when the
seat-back is pushed up to facilitate loading into the club cab back seat (the
driver's side does not.

From: "Scott J. McCue" <scotty@eos-prog.whoi.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:19:33 -0400

I've got a 96 club cab with the bucket seats and I wonder if the following is
by design or is a defect...

Both seatbacks can be flopped or leaned forward simply by pushing them over.
There is no catch that holds them back until its released. Is this by design?

-snip-