Re: Front Driveline Noise?

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Sun Aug 04 1996 - 01:58:55 EDT

My '92 rumbles and hums like mad on some road surfaces. Thought that it
was the front end howling too. But they've just resurfaced some of I-5
around here and it's quiet as a church mouse on the resurfaced sections.
It didn't seem to make the noise before I put new tires on the rear and
moved the rear Wranglers to the front. Beats me.

Also one of the front tires is wearing noticeably more than the other,
both evenly, but one more than the other. Wierd, the originals didn't do
that.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE