Front Driveline Noise?

From: RICHARD_GAMBINO@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Fri Aug 02 1996 - 10:36:22 EDT

I'm new to the list, and have a '96 V-8 4X4 Auto 3.55 Club Cab that has had what seems to be noticeable "road noise" since the day it was new. It does not appear any worse now after 10K miles, but I have always wondered about it. It is really only noticeable under about 30 mph and sounds sort of similar to the constant "hum" as with a bad axle bearing and is coming from the front driveline. It varies with road surface so it might just be tire noise (but I've had Wranglers before without this type of noise). It seems to be alot of road and drivetrain noise being transmitted from the front.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar? Maybe this is one of the improvement areas slated for the '97s?

Rich