Re: Out of steam at 115 mph

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 06 1996 - 06:26:42 EDT

   Well I've got a 96 with about 4,000 miles on it. It's a 4x4 318-V8 with
4sp Auto., club cab too... I was doing 109MPH the other day and the
tach hadn't even hit 3 yet, and it sure didn't feel like it was out of
steam to me. I did have a reasonably bad viberation when I hit about 100
and a big fear of a police person seeing me going over 100, so I didn't
stay there too long.

   My questions are... Anyone actually hit the top end on one and care
to tell us how it was doing, and what the speed was? Do I dare go to
my dealer and tell him I have a bad shake above 100MPH?
   Another semi-related question... Does anyone know anything about
being able to get into the Chrysler proving grounds once a year if
your a Chrysler auto owner? I once heard something about this and
since I'm rather close I'd really like to go in there and maybe even
talk to someone about a shake at 100 MPH. My buddy who has a Jeep told
me he knew someone that was going to give him a ticket to such a event
but I didn't think a ticket was needed, only a Chrysler product to drive
in.