RE: FWD>RE>Out of steam at 115

From: Moise N. Solomon (msolomon@mail07.mitre.org)
Date: Tue Aug 06 1996 - 09:54:57 EDT

Well, I haven't run out of steam in my '96 V8, extended cab, 5sp, 4x4, 3.55
rear (17,000 miles), but I have been upto 105 mph and had plenty left. No
vibration, very smooth and controllable. Plenty of fear of the police...

On a slightly, different note. How fast have people towed trailers? I have
towed my J/24 sailboat (around 4,500 lbs loaded) from New England to South
Carolina. In the Carolinas, we could sustain around 80 MPH in 5th, could
probably done alittle higher in 4th gear. The boat and trailer sit about 10
to 11 feet off the gound which is a huge wind drag.

Moise Solomon