Re: Hitches

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 1996 - 10:55:10 EDT

> I bought a 'hidden hitch' from JC Whitney and it went on without bumper
> mods. It's almost invisible too. I did have to undo one of the exhaust
> hangers to drill the frame though.

  I can corroborate this statement, since I did the exact same
thing on my '95 SLT. I had forgotten that I had to unbolt an
exhaust hanger, but it was a no-brainer. I also have the full-size
spare which I had to remove to get the receiver in. Once the
receiver was bolted in, I put the spare back with no clearance
problems at all.

  Hitch installation is easy, and much cheaper (not to mention
safer) than using a ball in your Class II bumper, if you're gonna
tow more than 2000#.

  Ron