Re: towing story -Reply

From: Steve Gepford (gepfords@ohsu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 22 1996 - 10:40:50 EDT

I pretty much concurr with the statement below with the exception that the one I
just installed had four points on each side. I installed a MOPAR brand hitch
that I got from the dealer because "beleive it or not", it was the cheapest, of
most of the ones I checked out. There were cheaper ones to be had but I liked
the construction design of the MOPAR one better. It just looked more solid.

Aside from the existing mounting holes for the bumper, I did have to drill two
additional holes on the horizontal plane. Mounting the hitch was a breeze. The
only trouble spot was drilling the forward hole in the horizontal plane, on the
passenger side. The tail pipe was right in the way. I solved this problem by
wrapping a rope around the tailpipe and pulling it back out of the way while I
drilled the hole.

Satellite Steve