2 ??'s '93 V8 4X4 extnd cab

From: Mark Demski (0005749179@mcimail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 1996 - 10:24:00 EDT

-- [ From: Mark E. Demski * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

First off let me introduce myself.

I'm a part-time member of this distro. Due to potential restrictions on
personal E-mail, I try to keep it to a minimum. When I do join (to put my ear
to the ground, or pose questions), I enjoy the interacting with fellow dakota
fanatics. I've been driving Dakota's since their debut in 1987. I had a Brown
and Tan long bed, two wheel drive, stick shift, no carpet, V6, to shuttle myself
from Michigan to college in Tucson Az (twice a year). I've been hooked ever
since. My latest is an Emerald Green Sport extended cab, V8, 4X4. I've around
69k miles on it. I'm seeking advice on two issues.

PERFORMANCE PARTS:
I have a copy of the MOPAR PERFORMANCE catalog, and I'm interested in installing
performance AIR FILTER and performance EXHAUST. I may even go as far as putting
headers on it. My question is: How much louder is it with headers than without?
 I'm trying to keep my neighbors in mind. Any input from someone with
experience would be appreciated. I don't think I'll go with mopar headers since
their chrome, and I haven't won the lotto yet.

TIRES:
I've torn through my second set of Goodyear Wrangler AT's (P235/75R15). Is
there a tire that one would recommend over the goodyears? I'm looking for
something (A T variety) that would last longer. Also, I don't want to put on
any lifts on or anything, but is there a bigger (or taller) tire available that
would fit? I like the look of bigger tires.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mark Demski
Livonia, Mi.