Re: 97

From: Robert Allen (boballen@sky.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 1996 - 03:55:37 EDT

I caught the last few minutes last night of Motor Trend TV. What cable channel
is that? TNN? TNT?

Anyway, they had themselves a 97 club-cab 4WD and they just went out of their
way saying nice things about the truck. (Give me a free one, I'll talk nice,
too!)

But, they said pricing of the base Club Cab 4WD is $19,600 and the list price
on their loaded SLT V8 was $26,600. Ouch!

Once you are above $25,000, you have a lot of pickups to choose from. I bought
my '96 2WD Reg. Cab V8 Dakota because
a) I like it: right size, great performance, traditional looks
b) I can't see paying more for a truck than my '95 Z28
c) Dakota Sport best value in V8 truck.
d) Couldn't find a '95 I liked (Boo OBD-II!)

Okay, I bought it used with 8K miles but it was a little more than half the
price of the Motor Trend example. I guess the good news is my resale value
should stay pretty high.

Ain't impressed yet,

Bob Allen, Kansas City