RE: Where the pipe exits...

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Sat Sep 14 1996 - 08:27:09 EDT

I can't speak to the magnum or v8 engines but I recently put a 2.5 cat back
system on my 89 4x4 Dakota 3.9l. For yuks I fired up the engine with nothing
behind the cat. There was almost no noise increase over the stock system. I
could have saved some money by just going out the side of the truck from the
cat with a piece of pipe.

When I get ambitious I am going to replace the cat with a hi-flow unit.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE

ps: Check out the new Ford full size trucks. The exhaust exits infront of
the rear wheels.

__