Re: Help!

From: Brian Cleary (bcleary@interlog.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 1996 - 14:31:27 EDT

> And then (this is the weird part) I noticed I was getting the upshift
> indicator idiot light - IN FIFTH GEAR!
>
> The problem is severe enough that I don't want to spend days trying to fix
> it by trial and error - anybody out there have any ideas?!
>
> - Paul Schelling
> SchellinPM@corning.com

I had a similar problem with my 89 Sport. It would die for no reason or
would idle at 2000 for no reason. (Lots of fun at a stop light trying
to hold it back!!). It was usually in damp, rainy weather or after I
went through the car was. I disconnected the computer plug and sprayed
it with electrical cleaner and the problem went away. Came back a
couple of years later so I repeated the process and again it was fixed.
Hpoe this helps.